It’s no secret that having a great short game is an essential success-skill in golf.
In fact, Indoor putting green provides several different skills to help you build an effective short game:
- Knowing your putters
- Shot accuracy
- Power control
- Spin control
- Mental rehearsal
If you want to perfect your short game and maintain this skill, especially in the off-season, having a great indoor putting green can be a great training support.
And in this article, I’m going to cover the best indoor putting greens on the market and everything you need to know to choose the right one for you.
Let’s dive right in.
Putt-A-Bout Grassroots Par Three Putting Green
- High-quality, durable construction for long-term use
- Comes with a slope, with a kidney shape, which benefits you to get the fly in the hole
- Available with three holes and large surface 9 x 4 feet
- Smooth grass and surface for increased playability
- Sturdy construction that allows it to return to its flat form when unpacked
Table of Contents
The Best indoor putting greens in 2021
Choosing the Best Putting Green
If you are a fan of golf, then you might love to go out to play golf on the golf course and have fun with your friends once in a while. Even if you are playing professional level golf, you need some practicing at home. Finding the right Indoor putting green can be a fun way to enjoy a quick round with your friends at home.
However, an indoor putting green comes in very handy in winter, when it is the off-season at your local golf course golf.
Different people have different priorities while buying a Putting green. One thing is for sure that everyone who wants to play golf inside their house wants a realistic look of grass to make it look like you are at the course so you could have the same entertainment and fun. If you want to go with synthetic putting greens to actually cover parts of your garden, have a look at the Green Installment options from Southwest Greens, who are pros in this area and can surely help you out.
If you are among the people who use the putting green for recreational putting instead of serious pracitice, you may believe that bigger greens are always preferable. However, avid golfers would rather go with more realistic mats.
When buying an indoor putting mat, you have to make sure if it is reliable and can match your golfing practice. Check the reviews before buying the cutting mat and make sure the product is durable. There are few things to keep in mind before buying every putting mat which is if it’s comfortable to set up, easily placed in storage, move-able to a new location, and clean.
Choosing a putting mat to display in your living room or anywhere in your house just to look it more attractive can be a hard choice. Well, for that you have to look for the color of the grass that's more natural, and of course the surface will not be your priority. Make sure that it is easy to clean because if it is installed in your room or living area then you might want to clean it again and again.
If you are using the putting for recreational purposes to install on your turf then do go under your budget. You will find putting mats of all the price range from $30 to $300 in the market. However it is up to you to buy a cost-effective mat which has good quality too. Do keep in mind that all these factors are important in choosing a final turf for yourself, choose the one that is made for your place. The most natural one is the best choice every time.
Benefits of Installing a Putting Green:-
Having a putting green in your home is fun and gives a feeling of luxury. It is a very interesting idea to bring the golf course to your house if you do not feel like going out in the sunny afternoon to play. There are many benefits to having a big or even small putting grass in your place, here are some;
- Practice makes perfect. Not entirlely - perfect training makes perfect. So if you are an avid golfer, then you need to get in quality reps off the golf course too. The advantage of putting green is that you can quickly put yourself into practice anytime you want and many of the best putting drills still work indoors.
- You know why investment in indoor putting is a decision? Because if you are a fan of golf and go golfing every month or week just for recreational purposes, then you might be giving a lot of money in the highly paid golfing clubs.
- Best things best, it is an indoor thing, so there is no strain of cleaning it again and again or getting the mud on it. Most of the time the mats are easy to clean and washable as well.
- You want your backyard to look cooler? Hell yeah!! Just install a putting green in it and watch what impression you get from family and friends.
- Your kids would love the idea of a mini golf course in the backyard or inside your home, include them in playing the golf. Since the carpets are reliable and durable, they will not get damaged. However, cleaning will be required but do not worry about the damage.
- If you have to know how about the gold beforehand then you must know that in golf, speed is a factor. Try the grass before you buy it if the ball has speed on it.
- The design is the central part, some of the putting greens have the marks and holes to set the momentum for golfers however others are designed just as plain as they come.
- The putting mats give you a warranty of 10-15 years and usually depending on the quality and brand. They are sure of the durable stuff. Customers might not be happy with the product, but they can return or get it repaired or clean it.
How to Use Putting Grass:
We have many entertainment places where we can pay to play mini golf and golf with many names. But why pay when you can have it at your home? Installing the putting grass can be one of the questions new customers might ask. However, some of the mats can be just unrolled, and they are ready to use. Install your mat in a place where it looks good and attracts a lot of people visiting your home. Since the green color is attractive and it will be a great way to make your guests welcome at your house.
Mostly, soft golf mats can be installed on the wooden surfaced, and that means inside your house. You can choose a specific room or living room as well, but if you bought the mat for kids, then playroom is the best to install the cutting mat.
The best way to use the putting green can be around the swimming pool area if you have one in your house. It will give you a beautiful and fresh environment to play in.The grass is not necessary to use inside, you can use it on the concrete or marble as well. Some mats can be bumpy on pavement, however others give you perfect straight surface.
For more description, click on the play button:
Like I mentioned not all putting mats are meant to be put on concrete or marble or hard surfaces. However, they can be best to install in the backyard. It will give your backyard a perfect look and also your already green backyard will be greener with the artificial grass. If you have a mat that is big and you are an avid golfer you can just drill or glue it in the ground and make your backyard a proper golf course.
Here is a helpful video link on how to use an indoor putting grass;
Conclusion and Editor's Choice
In my opinion, the best-putting green out of all five would be Putt-A-Bout Grassroots, mostly because of its size and surface.
It is both for kids and professional golfers and can be placed on any surface. It is one of the best according to the customers. Like it is explained in the Pros and Cons; this product has a foam surface which does not give it bumps and keep the grass straight. It is great for avid golfers and has three cups for the ball. Try to look into the specifications when you are buying a putting grass for indoor golf and set your priorities.