What are the Best Golf Training Aids in 2018?
It’s no secret that a proper golf grip and hand positioning is an essential skill in golf.
In fact, it might take you much time and efforts to find the best grip position every time you hold your club.
And in this article, I’m going to show you the best Golf Training Aids and everything you need to know to choose the right one for you.
Let’s dive right in.
Our Roundup Selection
Editor’s Choice: SKLZ Grip Trainer
This training tool is indispensable for every beginner.
Most golfers in their debuts are not taught on how to handle the club properly. As a result, they do not apply the required muscle grip.
This product could be a quick solution to instill in the golfer a muscle memory which will help in handling in proper position and a firm grip.
The good thing about this product is that it fits all hand sizes. Constant practice with this grip will result in advantages, as the trainee develops reflexes on more excellent shots.
Lastly, it is tiny in size and doesn’t cause any inconvenience, as you can carry it in your bag.
The SKLZ grip trainer develops in the golfer muscle memory which will assist him in getting the right positioning and a perfect grip.
This grip is flexible, and you can easily attach it to a driver. Ideal for your bag – its overall mass is only 3 inches.
It’s the right golf equipment designed for training sessions and pre-round range sessions.
This product was developed for right-handed players.
- Helps in creating muscle memory. This grip helps in obtaining the perfect hand positioning and hold that the golfer needs. Hence, he is more likely to make consistent shots
- The grip is small in size. This will permit you to have good control over it as you can carry it in the bag
- The grip trainer is useful works with all hand sizes. Taking into consideration that all golfers do not have identical grips
- Using the grip trainer is a high-speed method of learning how to play golf
- Available only for right-handed golfers
- Might easily get missing due to its small size
- Might not respond to the needs of everyone
Best Value: Rukket Skee Pop UP Chipping Net
Rukket Skee chipping nets are equally perfect for indoor and outdoor practice.
As we all might know, chipping over a green requires a lot of skills and turns to be difficult when using a sand wedge or pitching. This chipping net helps you to improve on your short game.
You might be practicing chipping on the green, but it happens that the weather is so bad.
What do you do?
The Rukket Skee permits you to go on chipping anywhere, any time. Unlike many other chipping nets,
Rukket comes with a bag which serves as its carrier. Moreover, it has hooks that pin to the ground in case of wind. Its setup is a child’s play as it takes shape in counted seconds.
Ruggy Skee is designed to help you improve on your short games. It can be used anywhere and at any time; office, on the green, home, road, etc.
The set comes with a bag that makes carrying easy.
The tool features nylon netting material and a steel frame which will last for years to come.
- It comes with a bag that facilitates portability
- It comes with hooks that can be dogged into the ground in situations of wind
- Nylon and steel material assures long lasting
- Improves chipping skills
- The color may fade out quickly
Best Seller: SKLZ Gold Flex
The SLKZ Gold flex is a perfect tool to work the tempo of your golf swing as it holds the position of the club head (big ball weighted yellow) at each stage of your swing.
It allows you to find the right moment to accelerate your every movement, and thus to aim further and with greater precision.
The ballast enables better muscular memorization as well as a better work on the grip.
The warm-up and rhythm workout aid, Gold Flex, is designed to enhance your swing while exercising your core muscles.
The Gold Flex helps to develop a flatter swing plane and to work on the downswing of he the lower part of the body, which makes it possible to resist the slices.
It has a solid polyurethane for frequent use. The length of the shaft helps to make the plane of swing flatter.
Flexible fiberglass shaft helps to learn lag and to reduce faults such as early wrist release.
It strengthens the core muscles which is essential for golf.
It is advisable to do a soft stretch warm up before each session.
- Creates muscular memory thanks to the round head which weighs 2.5lb
- This product improve on your swing and build in you the appropriate power to make greater swings
- Develops the core gold muscles
- Works on the grip
- The swing trainer is made of a durable material, and the polyurethane head is designed for frequent use
- It might cause injury if proper warm up before the training session is not done
Best Seller: SKLZ All-in-one Swing trainer
The All-in-one swing trainer is one of SKLZ’s best training aids available on the market.
It is a multipurpose tool that reinforces the appropriate setup necessary for a perfect swing.
It is a must for everyone who considers getting a training aid tool.
The tool helps to build the core golf muscles and the downswings which prevent slices.
All-in-one provides a muscle memory and improves your strikes.
This product is a technologically advanced tool that is designed by teaching professionals.
Moreover, it is a comfortable portable tool that can be dismantled.
This multifunction swing system training tool is designed with an advanced professional teacher. It can notice weaknesses and help you to reinforce them.
The tool can solve problems related to head movement and hip sway.
It is 100% adjustable and suitable for any golfer as the height can be increased conveniently, and is designed to work on swing plane and inside square paths to resist slices.
Last but not least, the tool is configured to break down for easy portability.
- The tool is multifunctional and has an advanced professional teacher
- The tool is configured in such a way that you can dismantle it for the sake of easy portability
- It helps to reinforce a proper swing plane and adjust head movement and hip sway
- Eliminates slices thanks to the inside square inside mechanic
- The tool can be adjusted to predetermined height, and thus it’s compatible with all types of players
- Could cause a fracture if proper warm-up is not done before the training session
- Could produce quite a pretty penny
Best Seller: SKLZ Smash Bag Impact Trainer
This tool is one of the best tools that makes the golfer get the real impact of a perfect swing.
The bag is made of a heavy-duty material and zippers which offer you the possibility to train every day.
The back is suitable for all golfers as it permits you to fill in either with cloths or towel and then attach the club.
It does not require any technical know-how in order to make it accessible to all be it a beginner or a professional.
There is great magic in this tool. You will see immediate improvements on your swing accuracy and your shots.
The tool is a remedy for thin and fat shots and cures slices.
The bag features heavy duty material and zipper. It gives the golfer the true feeling of a perfect swing.
Smash bag could improve on the swing plane and shots.
The product is a high-quality tool that is safe and can be used at home for the golfer’s convenience.
- The bag is made out of heavy duty material and strong zippers and is highly durable
- The kit improves the golfer’s accuracy on hit and swing.
- It’s an efficient tool which requires minimal effort and is easy to use
- It’s a safe tool that is equally suitable for house and clubs
- This tool cures slices as well as thin and fat shots
- The color might rapidly fade out
- Insufficient choice regarding color the tool is available only in black color
How to chose the best Golf Training Aids for you?
From the time Golf was invented, many training aids have been brought up to help both professional and amateur golfers to train.
These training aids are of all sorts, and each one of them has a specific role to play in your training.
In order to choose the most suitable golf training aid, it is essential to know more about their features.
Gloves are an important part of the equipment that you will always need.
Your hands need to be protected since you will have to make many swings. Protecting your hands is one of the most important aspects to consider during the game, but this is not the only role of gloves.
Apart from protecting your hands, gloves enable you to hold the club more comfortably.
For each swing, your hands need to be carefully attached to the club, and this can be done with the help of a variety of gloves.
Without a club, there can be no game.
So, no doubt that you will need the best club of golf according to your needs. Indeed, there are different types of clubs which can be chosen considering the type of training you do.
Your choices will include a sand wedge, a three wood, a pitching wedge, a seven iron, a driver and many others. Some clubs are designed for a use on the sand while others are suitable for the grass or depend on the type of swing you do.
Tees and golf balls
Another pair of equipment that will undoubtedly assist you in your golf training is tees and golf balls.
Evidently, you will need golf balls, but you may forget about tees.
These tools look like a plastic nail and are designed to conserve your golf balls.
So no need to worry, because your golf balls will be in the right place.
The shoes are a crucial aspect of your training. However, not all shoes are suitable for this sport.
The ideal golf shoes are clingy to remain firm each time you have to do a swing, as well as waterproof to enable your game in wet places and in the rain.
Another essential element for golf training aid is a good pair of golf sunglasses.
Golf sunglasses are a must during your training and games. They are designed to protect you from the Ultra Violet rays of the sun and from any other inconveniences, such as wind or sand.
Apart from the protection, golf sunglasses allow you to improve your vision.
When you choose the best frames and the best lenses, there is no doubt that you will train in the right conditions.
Watch this video for further assistance:
How to choose a training aid for golf?
For the best result of your game, you need to know how to chose the best training aid.
Accordingly, you’ll need to consider several criteria.
Here are some helpful points to count with before choosing different training aids for golf:
The brand of the training aids
The brand is an essential aspect when it comes to selecting the best training aids for golf. You must be able to favor the brands that will guarantee the quality and robustness of these training aids.
There are many brands known for the variety of their items, and as a result, you will have to opt for these brands and make a good investment.
You will aim to choose the best quality training aids, and this cannot be done if the brands are not taken into consideration.
The features of the training aids
The quality of the training aids for golf is another crucial aspect to take into account as a brand could propose several models.
Very often, these models do not share the same characteristics, and it will be up to you to choose the models that perfectly suit your needs.
Golf clubs, for instance, are of various types and all of them are designed to produce different swings.
Since security is one of the major points while playing or training, you must be able to choose an equipment that will maintain your security but equally protect all other materials.
For example, gloves will enable you to protect your hands conveniently, golf sunglasses will allow safeguarding your eyes from the sun, a golf bag can help you to protect your clubs and the golf balls.
All these items are necessary but must be chosen in the shade of the previous points.
It is known by many that high priced products are quality products.
This doesn’t mean that training aids with low prices are of inferior quality, but you need to make a good investment for better results. As it’s said, the best to do is to avoid opting for the cheapest just because your equipment will only serve for training aids.
The best thing to do is to look for the best brands and the best models. By doing so, you can be sure that your training aids for golf will be used for a very long period of time. In case you need to give more value to your training aids for golf, this video can greatly inspire you.
The advantages of golf training aids
Golf training aids can be beneficial for every golfer.
Once you make a meticulous study of this, we can say that these training aids have several advantages which can be presented as it follows:
- First of all, training aids enable you to have more skills, and how to use a specific equipment. Indeed, there is a possibility to learn more about training aids, and this will help you to have better swings.
- Training aids assist you all over your training or your competitions. You not only need a golf ball and a club to make a swing. Moreover, you need gloves and adequate golf clothing. One of the most critical training aids that supports you whenever you train is the tee. It will help to conserve your balls each time you are training.
- Furthermore, training aids help you to have more protection. In fact, every time you play or train, you may face different weather conditions. Here golf sunglasses will protect you both from the sun and from the wind. Gloves are equally helpful in protecting your hands and helping you to make better swings.
- There is no need to be an expert to use training aids for golf. Different brands work very hard on these training aids in such a way that they can suit you and meet your demands. Generally, you’ll find no difficulty in using them, especially when they are of good quality.
- Finally, training aids aren’t a part of the equipment of professional golfers merely. Either a professional or an amateur golfer, you will always need these training aids to gradually develop your golf skills.
All in all, it is evident that training aids for golf are essential, especially when you are a novice.
For this reason, we selected a good number of training aids which will always assist you. And the best choice according to us is the SKLZ Grip Trainer.
This equipment is meant for all golfers, no matter professionals or amateurs.
The SKLZ Grip Trainer enables you to control better the way you hold your clubs. The SKLZ Grip Trainer helps you in controlling the way you position your hands and fingers on the club, and which is more it easily fits in your golf bag.
This equipment is as well suitable for all types of clubs and is extremely durable.