What are the Best Golf Pants in 2018?
Would you go into a business negotiation wearing flip flops and jeans?
If you are like me, the answer is no.
What clothes you wear on the determine your level of comfort and can have a serious effect on your mental state.
We want to be at our best and our clothes can be a display of that both to the outside world and to ourselves.
In golf however, finding the right golf pant to wear however is not that easy.
There are a surprising number of golf apparel options in the market at different prices with a range of different fits and features.
And in this article, we are going to show you the best golf pants on the market right now and everything you need to know to choose the right one.
Let’s dive right in.
Our Roundup Selection
If you are looking for a golf pant that meets all the requirements of professional gear, then it may be a good idea to try out the Under Armour Men’s ColdGear Infrared Match Play Pants – Straight Leg.
One of the things that make it stand out is the level of technology that was used to design and manufacture it. The pant has the proprietary U-A Storm technology that is used to develop special pants for athletes. The technology automatically helps the fabric to balance its level of moisture and breathability. This pant can help keep you in perfect condition because it repels moisture but ensures that the heat your body produces is funneled out.
The use of innovative technology and leading designs makes this brand of Under Armor golf pants a suitable one. Therefore, we find this pair of pants to have the best blend of performance, elegance, and worth.
- Its exterior dries very fast thus keeping the fabric dry when you are playing in unfavorable weather.
- It has four large pockets that you can use to carry a few small personal items.
- It was manufactured using the dual layer method; therefore, it keeps you warm in freezing weather.
- Its design allows it to keep you either warm or cool, depending on the temperatures outside.
- The pair of pants does not come in a broad range of colors.
- The standard flat-front design may not be considered very innovative.
- The waist at times feels a little snug although this may not be a big problem.
The PGA TOUR Men’s Comfort Stretch Flat Front Ultimate Pant is a good choice for a golf pant if you would prioritize valuable brands. Interestingly, this pant has specific features that make it suitable for a player who is at the beginner or advanced levels of play.
On the one hand, it is made of a combination of polyester and lycra spandex. Given that you would not want to keep on buying your pants now and then, this pant can be a worthwhile investment for you because the combination of these two fabrics makes it highly durable.
On the other hand, the PGA Tour decided to use a unique method called Motion Flux to design this pair of pants. The use of this technology makes the very responsive to the natural movements of the body of a golfer.
Thus, if you would like to get a golf pant whose quality matches the worth of your game, we think that this may be the right choice for you.
- It has a particular form of protection called Sun-Flux to keep your skin safe.
- The creased leg gives it a stylish appearance.
- It has a classic fit style that makes it suitable for all sizes.
- It has been designed to allow more room at the bottom for your comfort.
- It is not available in a broad range of colors.
- Some users are not fond of the inclusion of the latch closure design.
Best Seller: Adidas Golf Men's Climalite 3-Stripes Pant
We believe that although the reasons for this brand of golf pants to be the best seller, according to our research, are few, they are of immense importance to golfers. For example, it is evident that one of the critical things that you need to look out for when shopping for a golf pant is the level of its functionality.
No one likes to have pants that limit their movement and performance when they are playing. Ideally, all pants should be designed in a way that they fit you perfectly and allow you to stretch as much as you can during play.
Whereas some have been designed with aesthetics in mind, they miss some of the most critical features that enhance their functionality. But in the case of the Adidas Golf Men’s Climalite 3-Stripes Pant, we think that the designers struck a balance between these two competing attributes of golf pants.
- The pant looks elegant, thanks to the flat-front design that was used.
- It has four standard pockets on the sides and at the back.
- The use of the three stripes branding at the back makes it appealing.
- It automatically stretches during play, thus enhancing your performance and comfort.
- It is not available in many colors.
- The fabric that was used to make it is not very durable.
Worthy Competitor: PUMA Golf 2017 Men's Pounce Pants
The PUMA Golf 2017 Men’s Pounce Pants has all the standard features that you would like to find in any professionally-made golf pant. For example, it has been designed to keep you dry during those long tours under wet weather.
The company that developed this brand of golf pants says that it used DRY-CELL technology to make it resistant to water. Moreover, the pants have been made to grip you tightly at the waist and the legs so that you can feel comfortable while playing.
Our research indicates that the pant has a perfect fit. You can consider getting it if you would like to get a standard product that does not have all the elegance and advanced features that are associated with other brands. Ideally, it may be a good idea to get the PUMA Golf 2017 Men’s Pounce Pants if all that you are interested in its functionality.
- It fits you perfectly because of the use of unique waistbands.• Its seams are strong, thus making it very durable.
- The use of 100% polyester fabric gives it a very comfortable feel on your body.
- When you play in rainy weather while in this pant, you may get wet.
- The brand does not have many colors for your choice.
Worthy Competitor: NIKE Men's Flat Front Golf Pants
Compared to many other standard golf pants, the Nike Men’s Flat Front Golf Pants has some advanced features. For example, our research shows that all standard brands of golf pants are made of 100% polyester. However, this brand is made of a combination of polyester and spandex.
Another notable thing about this brand is that it has been designed to fit perfectly. The use of particular hemming methods, unique stretch fabrics, and standard fitting styles make this brand of golf pant an excellent choice for you if you are keen on getting a deal. We think that the NIKE Men’s Flat Front Golf Pants is a little worth more than what it is offered at.
- It keeps you dry during wet weather.
- It has been designed to fit you perfectly.
- The use of spandex makes the fabric of the material hardened.
- The waist does not fit some people perfectly.
- There are no many color variants.
Choosing the best golf pants
Given the number of brands of golf pants that are on the market on the one hand and the importance of having the perfect type of pants on the other, it is important to choose best pants for yourself.
The following are some of the most crucial factors that you should consider when selecting a golf pant:
- First, you need to consider the issue of fit or comfort. Although the two issues appear different from each other, in practice, they are closely related. A pant that fits perfectly will help one to feel comfortable when playing. On the contrary, when one is in a poorly-fitting pair of pants, the person will not feel comfortable during play.
- You should make sure that you get pants that fit you perfectly. The best way of doing this is to understand your body type.
It is important to select a type of golf pants that matches one’s body type. Some brands tend to fit tighter than others. This may be a problem because players tend to use their golf pants for extended periods. Thus, it is advisable to get the right size of pants.
- The second factor that any good player needs to consider when getting golf pants is the level of investment that you would like to make. Whereas investing in standard golf pants may be a wise decision, you may not want to do it repeatedly.
- If you are willing to spend on highly advanced pants, then you may end up using them for a very long time. Such golf pants usually have a range of highly advanced features to match their level of durability.
For more information about the need to balance between comfort, quality, and design when choosing golf pants, visit this website.
Benefits of Golf Pants:
All professional players wear official golf pants for them to fit in. For long, golf has been considered one of the most elitist sports. Golf players are usually successful professionals who use the tours to discuss and seal business deals.
New players are of the game are usually keen on making inroads into the closely-knit groups of friends who play golf. For that matter, it is necessary for such players to make the best first impression on their peers and other established players every time they appear on the course.
Second, having the right golf pants can help to keep one safe during play. Golf, like any other sport, is associated with various injuries. However, the most common damage that you may suffer while on the golf course is Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. This condition is usually caused by several types of soft-tissue injuries that you may experience during the game. Later, the injuries compound into a severe level of soreness.
A professionally-designed golf pant protects specific areas on your legs from getting injured while you are playing. Therefore, it is recommended that players should always be in the right kind of golf pants during play.
You can learn more about how having professional golf pants helps to keep you safe on the golf course by visiting here.
The third benefit of having professional golf pants is related to the performance of payers. Regardless of one’s level of competence, the need to improve the ranking is universal. For a player to develop, it is necessary to concentrate on mastering a range of skills. To achieve this goal, a player must ensure that their performance is ideal.
Having the right kind of golf pants can help you perform on the golf course better. The pants are usually made of a unique material that keeps you dry and warm even in very chilly weather. Moreover, the pants have been designed to stretch when one makes specific moves, thus helping you perform better.
You can learn more about the relationship between the kind of golf pants you wear and your performance here.
Attributes that Differentiate Golf Pants:
First, golf pants can be differentiated by their sizes. There are two types of golf pants based on size: slim fit and regular fit. The sizing of the pants is determined by how the designer matches the various parts of the pants. Slim fit golf pants have narrower and more tapered legs than the regular fit ones. These differences are meant to help the trousers to fit perfectly.
The second attribute that differentiates golf pants is color. There are many golf pants of assorted colors as there are tastes and preferences. You need to check your favorite brand to get a golf pant that is of your favorite color. However, our research indicates that for some brands, you may not get very many color types.
The third important attribute that differentiates golf pants relates to the technology that is used to manufacture them. Some golf pants have all the necessary technical features such as breathability, durability, and stretchability. Durability enables the pants to resist water from penetrating them, thus increasing their lifespans. The pants are designed to stretch to allows your body to move comfortably.
In some brands of golf pants, a few of these features are emphasized over the others. It is common for designers to use proprietary technology to enhance some of these features.
For example, you may get brands of golf pants that the designer says have been made using a new form of technology to enhance your performance when you wear them. Regardless of the hype, you only need to ensure that your golf pant has these features before you invest in it.
Watch the video below to know to know how to dress up golf pants:
Common Types of Golf Pants:
The following is a brief discussion of some of the most common types of golf pants. The categorization is solely based on the kind of materials that are used to make the pants. The fabric that is used to design and manufacture golf pants is crucial because it determines the range of colors that the brand of pants will have, their level of strength and overall quality.
- Cotton and Elastane-Based Golf Pants: Cotton is one of the primary materials that are used to manufacture golf pants. However, using cotton alone may not help a golf pant to be expandable. To help make the material expandable and more durable, some designers add about 10% of elastane to the cotton. Thus, the cotton-elastane-based golf pants have a characteristic soft texture. Moreover, these types of pants come in primary solid colors.
- Polyester and Elastane-Based Golf Pants: The addition of elastane to the polyester fabric makes this kind of golf pants tougher and more expandable. Most of the golf pants that come in standard dark colors or some stripes are made using this combination of materials. Specifically, you will realize that golf pants that are made of a blend of polyester and elastane are more robust than those which are made from other combinations.
- Polyester-Based Golf Pants: Most of the high-class brands of golf pants that you see on the market are made entirely of polyester. Polyester-based pants are exceptionally tough and have a very sporty feel. Moreover, the brands of golf pants that are fully polyester-based usually contain the essential features of breathability, and toughness.
In conclusion, we think that the Under Armour Men’s Cold-Gear Infrared Match Play Pants – Straight Leg is the best golf pant that you should have in 2018. Our research shows that this is the best pants because it meets all the essential criteria that we use to assess the suitability of golf pants. For example, we found out that this brand has the crucial features of breath-ability and durability.
The clever combination of fabric that was used to manufacture this brand of golf pants makes it highly stretchable. Moreover, we find that this brand of golf pants is highly durable, thanks to the use of a proprietary technology that keeps the water from penetrating it. Therefore, you can comfortably use it while playing in awful weather and not worry about getting wet.
This brand of golf pants has been designed to ease this natural process. It is important to point out that all the standard and advanced brands of golf pants that we have revised have at least one of these features. However, we think that the Under Armour Men’s Cold-Gear Infrared Match Play Pants – Straight Leg meets all these criteria. Besides, it has many other additional features that make it unique. For example, we think that the use of the infrared-based technology to keep the pants warm is a unique feature that makes it the best type of golf pant for 2018.