The 10 Best Golf Clubs and Sets for Women in Every Situation (2018 Reviews)
Let’s face it:
Finding the best golf clubs for women can leave you feeling overwhelmed, constantly searching for the perfect fit. The trouble is that some golf clubs just won’t be right for you, even if they are right for someone else. A club that one women finds comfortable to play with can feel like a heavy, unbalanced stick to you. But if you’ve decided you’d like to get started in golf or step up your game to the next level, at some point you’ll likely need the golf clubs to go along with it.
As a female golfer, your golf clubs become your most significant tools for years to come, so it pays to invest in a set of golf clubs that really works for you. This guide will help you figure out what’s most important when selecting a golf club set as a women, and give you a closer look at the popular models on the market right now.
Quick Comparison: Our Top Picks
Jump to the full reviews
Do I even need Womens Golf Clubs?
No hard and fast rules exist to determine which golf club you can use (except for overall size for tournament clubs). Just because you are a woman doesn’t mean you have to use women’s clubs, or vice versa. Many men use women’s grade or senior grade clubs purely because those clubs suit them. The important thing is to choose a club that suits your physique, fitness level and overall play style.
Many female golfers on the Pro circuit use regular golf clubs. A great example of this is Michelle Wie. At 6 foot, she is taller than the average woman golfer and benefits from having a longer club. Besides that, she is a gifted golfer blessed with high swing speed, so she can perform well with a stiff flex instead of the softer ladies flex.
The general rule of thumb here is: the taller you are (above 5’8″), the less likely it is women’s clubs will be suitable for you. If you fall into the category of the average woman golfer (shorter than 5’8″, with slower swing speeds then the average men), then women’s clubs most likely benefit you.
In the past, manufacturers didn’t offer exclusive clubs for women. The primary reason was that there were very few female golfers. All that changed with the rising number of women taking up the sport in the last few decades. Initially, the so-called “women’s clubs” were nothing more than men’s clubs rebadged with a splash of pink or pastel colors thrown into the design! But thankfully, that has changed in recent years. Today’s women’s clubs are actually designed to benefit female golfers, remembering their physique and physical capabilities.
Golf Clubs for Men vs. Golf Clubs for Women: What’s the Difference?
Women’s golf clubs are based on the same technology as men’s clubs, but differ in these aspects:
- Shaft Length: Since women are shorter than men on average, the shaft length of all women’s clubs is shorter by at least an inch. For example, a standard 5-iron is 37.75 inches long, while the female variant is typically kept at 36.75 inches. The shafts for women are designed for an average height of 5’6″- 5’7″, while for men the height is maintained at around 5’9″ -5’10”. Sometimes, even regular clubs are designed with shorter shafts, like the Nike CPR golf clubs, and they might be suitable for both men and women of similar height.
- Shaft Flex: Female golfers usually achieve slower swing speeds, due to less upper body strength compared to men. To offset this, steel/metals shafts are changed for the more flexible graphite. As a result, the shafts of women’s golf clubs have higher amounts of flex.
- Club Weight: To make it easier for female golfers to control their clubs, they are often lighter than regular golf clubs. With irons, the clubheads are made heavier, while the overall weight of the club is still kept on the lower side with shorter shafts. This ensures maximum control.
- Loft Angle: Higher lofts on a club will ensure that shots will climb higher into the air. Women’s drivers and woods are given higher loft angles to help you get the ball high into the air from the tee or the fairway and maximize distance.
- Grips: The grips are shorter and thinner, as women tend to have smaller hands than men. In addition, the grips on ladies clubs often use softer, pastel colors.
If you want to dive deeper into the differences in features, youtube is a great way to start. Here is a short informative video on the features to look for in women’s golf clubs:
What to Look for in a Golf Club Set for Women
Before you randomly pick a golf club set based on a friend’s recommendation, remember that you both might be looking for very different things. We’re all on different paths in life, with different bodies, different golfing styles and different sets of goals and obstacles.
Nevertheless, any woman purchasing a golf clubs will want to go over this list of factors to consider:
What’s your budget?
You’ll want to stick to something within your price range, but if you buy a very cheap set of clubs, you might find it doesn’t work well for you or break down quickly. If that happens, you’ll have to buy another anyway, so save yourself the aggravation and buy a good club set to begin with.
Based on your budget, you can broadly classify women’s golf club sets into three categories:
- Pocket-friendly: If you are just starting out or are trying to save, women’s golf club sets that don’t include more than 10 clubs and typically cost anywhere between $130 and $300.
- Mid-range: If you are seeking some specialty clubs within your set with higher build quality clubs sets would probably cost between $300 and $500.
- Luxurious: the women’s golf club sets that contain 11 clubs or more are manufactured for experts who are ready to go all out for the game. These club sets cost between $500 and $1000 and even more. Professional golfers playing competitively or those who want the newest technologies available with them on the field will have to invest even more, unless they are so good that they get sponsored.
Beware these categories don’t apply for pure iron sets. As high quality irons are some of the most expensive clubs you can purchase, a dedicated iron set is likely going to be more costly than a general club set.
What is your why?
You should know your reason for wanting a golf club set in the first place. Are you just starting out and don’t have any clubs yet or you are graduating to another level in your golfing journey and you need to upgrade your club sets?
What are your physical demands?
Before you invest in a club set, you need to know if you…
- are a right-handed or left-handed golfer – to determine your club alignment
- Are you taller than 5’8’ – to determine if you may actually need regular golf clubs
- are smaller than 5’2’ – to defermine if you need very short clubs
- Are generally very strong and fast in your swing – to determine your need for a more forgiving club sets with ladies flex
How many clubs do you need?
The number of clubs you need depends on your level. A beginner does not need all the clubs in a set. In fact, I’d argue that might be distracting as a beginner to have so many clubs, if you haven’t already mastered one of them. Focus is key in golf and a set with 9 to 11 clubs is plenty to work with when starting out.
If you want to go low budget, you could also consider getting a mere “short set” from a golf store, which usually includes 5-7 essential clubs with a golf bag, just to get started. The downside of a short set is that you’ll likely have to upgrade quickly once you get the golf bug.
If you start getting into golf more seriously, you might…
- play on a regular basis
- have a handicap and want to lower it
- want to travel with golf equipment
- participate in tournaments
- want to exercise more control over shots and experiment with conscious slicing, fading and chipping
If you are at that stage you can benefit from a complete club set. Why? Because specialty clubs allow for more control on any given shot. Although you are only allowed to carry 14 clubs on any official tournament, even a 16 club golf set means you can pick the right clubs for the occasion.
How do you transport your clubs?
Are you mostly going to carry them, use a push cart or even a full-sized golf cart? Depending on your physical capabilities check that your golf set…
- has the appropriate weight for you to carry
- has enough pockets, especially if you plan to carry accessories with you
- it can be used as a stand back is given if you don’t have a push cart and don’t want to crouch all the time on the course
- It is durable enough for the likely weather conditions. If you life in Arizona, rain covers are a not required, but they certainly are helpful if you life in Washington.
Are you covered in case there is an issue with the clubs?
What is the warranty of the golf club set like? For how long does the warranty last?
The Best Golf Clubs for Women in 2018
Now that you have a better understanding of what to look for when buying high-quality golf clubs as a lady, let’s dig deep into our list of reviews of the 10 most popular models currently on the market in 2018.
Best Golf Club Set for Women Overall
If you want to have a complete set of clubs that will be durable and stay with you for a long time, don’t look any further. The Callaway Women’s Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set with 16 pieces is our top choice, and for good reason.
It comes with 16 pieces including:
- Driver: A full titanium driver that gives you a large sweet spot and more forgiveness to hit it long off the tee
- Fairway Wood: Very forgiving fairway 3-wood built with an aerodynamic club head for long, high flying shots
- Hybrids: 4-hybrid and 5-hybrid which deliver distance, forgiveness and Control
- Irons and Wedges: A 6 club combination of stainless steel wedges and irons which provide you good control and forgiveness helping you to the green from shorter distances
- Putter: A putter with a precise face milling design which provides great accuracy and shot control
- 4 head covers
- A lightweight bag that comes with a durable backpack strap, a cooler pocket, 5 other handy pockets, and a rain hood. I also comes in a turquoise color which will help you to stand out from the crowd
This set is best for you if you…
- Are unsure about which set to get and just want a good choice quickly
- Want a high quality set from the industry leader at a fair price point
- Want a complete set of clubs that can be your companion until you reach very advanced player levels
- Simply want an overall great set
- Aim to share a set with other women and want all to benefit from it
- Comes with hybrids which are an excellent alternative to typical irons
- The clubs have an easy grip and are comfortable to handle
- It comes with 4 head covers to protect the bigger clubs
- The driver is lightweight and is taller than a standard beginners club – it also has a large sweet spot
- Includes a complete selection clubs
- Stylish appearance of the bag
- Despite the completeness, the set is still fairly lightweight
- The bag offers pockets, backpack style straps and best of all, pop-out legs to convert it to a stand bag
- Comes well packaged to avoid damage in transport
- If you are a very tall lady, this set might not be suitable for you. This set works best for women shorter than 6’0”
- Besides quality, you also pay for the brand name, so the price is higher than a standard set which makes it unsuitable if you have a lower budget, unless there is a sale running
- Some customers mention that the club head can bruise easily, but this seems to be the exception rather than the rule
The Callaway Women’s Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set with 16 pieces is an excellent choice for you, whether you’re a beginner or a mid handicapper. It includes quality, easy to handle clubs and a sturdy bag with nice comfort features for easy transport. It’s not a budget set, but it’s also not as expensive as some of the luxury sets you will come across.
|Callaway Women's Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set (16-Piece)||88 Customer Reviews||CHECK PRICE|
Best Value Golf Club Set for Women
The Callaway 2019 Women’s Strata Complete Golf Set with 11 pieces is our choice for the best golf set for women on a budget.
While it offers only a fewer items than our top choice, it may be an even better investment. The set includes 11 pieces, consisting of…
- a 460cc lightweight driver
- 7 iron
- 9 iron
- a putter
- sand wedge
- 3 head covers
- a rain hood
- a durable, easy carry bag.
This set is most suitable for you if you are…
- looking for a budget alternative and want to save money
- want to get the best performance for your money
- just starting out in golf or play a high handicap just recreationally
If you’re just starting out or playing recreationally at a high handicap level, you may not wish to purchase a larger set such as 14 or 16 pieces, so this 11 piece set is great as a starting point.
You can add additional items to the set as you go along making this set a popular choice.
The set itself comes in a pink and black design, helping you add a splash of color onto the field.
- Offers beginner friendly clubs that are easy to play with
- Includes a visual alignment aid on the putter helping your accuracy
- Forgiving and oversized wood with an aerodynamic head shape helps you make longer shots on the fairway
- Great price to quality ratio
- One of the few starter sets that come with a sand wedge
- It’s not overly complicated, and you get the equipment you need with no confusion
- The grip of this set has been said to be less comfortable than other sets
- No extensive club selection, so an upgrade will be needed once you become an intermediate player
- The fairway woods will dent after use slightly easier than more expensive sets
- It club length may not suitable for you if you are a woman over 6’0”
The Callaway 2019 Women’s Strata Complete Golf Set with 11 pieces is one of the best golf sets for you if you are on a budget, a complete beginner or simply want to play recreationally at a high handicap level. It’s affordable and offers all essential clubs in a durable, high quality fashion. A durable, high quality bag rounds of the value pack. If you are in the early stages of your golf journey this set provides an excellent starting point.
|Callaway Women's Strata Complete Golf Set (11-Piece)||153 Customer Reviews||CHECK PRICE|
Best Golf Clubs for Intermediate Ladies
The Callaway Golf 2019 Women’s Strata Plus Complete 14 Piece set is great for the intermediates as it is of a middle budget.
It includes the following 14 pieces:
- a driver
- 6 iron
- 9 iron
- a putter
- A sand wedge
- A pitching wedge
- 3 head covers
- a stand bag
This set is the best fit for you if you…
- Have a high or mid handicap
- Continue to have keen interest in the sport and want to lower your handicap
- Want to experiment with more advanced shots
- Travel and want to have the equipment to play on multiple courses offering different challenges and lengths
- Already have a set of clubs that is either broken or aging to the point where you want to replace it
- The clubs are durable, flexible and lightweight with graphite and steel shafts, striking a good balance between forgiveness and shot control
- Selection offers specialty clubs such as the pitching wedge
- The driver offers great distance
- It’s also suitable for tall women up to 6’1”
- Many customers have complimented the design and color of the set
- The set is a great value for the price
- Few customers have mentioned that the clubs scuff more easily than dedicated individual clubs and in extreme cases, a club head has fallen off, although this seems to be a clear exception
- Not ideal if you already have a very high swing speed, as the very lightweight nature of the clubs doesn’t allow you to transfer that speed to the ball optimally
- The bag doesn’t come with many spare pockets and dividers
- The bag straps padding is rather thin
If you have been playing for some time and want to progress, but are not yet a low handicapper ready to buy each club individually, this set can be a great fit. It offers the perfect step up from a beginners kit, without the price tag of even larger or more luxurious sets.
|Callaway Women's Strata Plus Complete Golf Set (14 Piece)||CHECK PRICE|
Best Clubs for Beginners & High Handicappers
This is a full-fledged set of womens clubs for serious beginners and high handicappers looking to have a companion set of clubs for a long time at a pocket-friendly price.
This set includes:
- a driver
- a fairway wood #3
- a 4-hybrid
- a irons #6, 7, 8, 9
- a pitching wedge
- a putter
You also get a cart bag complete with strap for easy carrying as well as had covers.
Though they have left out the hard to hit long irons, Wilson provides you distance with the graphite shafted driver and fairway wood.
- A full set, with all the clubs you might need
- Wilson provides a 4-hybrid instead of a long iron, which makes it more forgiving to play
- The driver and 3-wood provide swing speed support with graphite shafts
- The steel shafted irons with cavity backs are perfect for improving your stroke play from the fairway onto the greens
- The driver seems to quite long for women under 5’3”
The Wilson Ultra Ladies Complete Golf Club Set bundles a full selection of easy to play, quality clubs with a comfy back and an affordable price. If you are just starting out in the sport or play a high handicap and want this set to be a companion for a long time, you found a match.
Best Cheap Golf Clubs for Women
This budget set from Confidence Golf comes steel shafted. It contains:
- a driver,
- a 4-hybrid,
- set of cavity back irons is 6-PW with Steel shafts,
- semi-mallet style putter
- stand bag with auto pop legs
- The 460cc driver has adequate forgiveness, while the 4-hybrid brings some extra distance game
The hybrid semi-mallet style putter and a stand bag with auto pop legs complete the package.
- This is one of the most affordable sets for ladies
- The higher lofted driver and hybrid over extra forgiveness and ball flight
- The clubs are lightweight despite being steel shafted
- The stand bag is excellent with very convenient legs
- Not suitable for mid or low handicap play and advanced shots
- Lower resale value due to the more unknown brand
- There are no graphite shafts, so this set may not be suitable for ladies who have trouble with their swing speeds
If you are on a tight budget but still want to get a quality set as a beginning or high handicap lady, the Power Hybrid Club Set from Confidence delivers. You’ll be hard pressed to find a cheaper option with the same level of quality, unless you buy used, so take a look, as they may just be discounted even further at the time of this writing.
Best Iron Set for Women
This Callaway Big Bertha OS Irons set with Ladies Flex raises the bar when it comes to the distance you get from each shot. Not only are they extremely durable, but offer very advanced technical features to give you more distance on the long irons and more control on the short ones.
Warning: If you are not familiar with golf club terminology like COR, loft angles, it’s probable that you don’t need these irons. While they are certainly great to play with, I recommend focusing on mastering the game until you reach at least a mid handicap.
This iron set includes the following advanced technologies:
- Exo-Cage Club Head – this gives you a lighter club head with more strength and increased forgiveness
- Next Gen 360 Face Cup – this brings the COR of these irons closer to the USGA limit and results in faster ball speeds and more distance.
- Tungsten-Loaded Standing Wave – this feature is implemented in the sole of the club head and increases you launch height on each shot
- Progressive Center of Gravity – this means from the highest-lofted to lowest-lofted irons the center of gravity gets lowered progressively, resulting in a higher launch height on long irons and more spin control on the short irons.
- New Exo-Cage and 360 Face Cup technology gives you great forgiveness, more speed and lighter clubs, which all adds up to more distance
- These irons are durable and contain some of the most advanced and sturdy composite materials you will find in a golf club
- This set offers great control and accuracy, particularly on the short irons
- Ensures easy, high flying shots every time
- High resale value, due to the durabilty and quality of these irons
- Reviewers have found the dispersion isn’t always that great
- This set is more expensive than most others you will find
The Callaway Big Bertha OS Irons with Ladies Flex is more advanced and brings newer technology to the green than other iron sets. Although you may notice the difference in price, if you are playing a mid handicap and want to get even more advanced irons in your arsenal, this set is an excellent addition.
Best Premium Luxury Club Set for Women
The new Callaway Solaire 11-piece Set is designed specifically for women with premium quality in mind. It offers a premium design, fit and performance to help you hit your best shots.
This set includes:
- 3 Wood
- 5 & 6 Hybrids
- 7 through 9 Irons
- Pitching and Sand Wedge
- 4 Headcovers
- Cart Bag
To tackle every course length each club offers ideal distance coverage, forgiveness, and high ball flights.
- Premium build quality throughout the entire set
- Excellent distance coverage provided by the clubs
- Includes two specialty wedges
- The easy-to-align mallet putter helps you make more putts
- It is a higher investment than less premium, but still high quality club sets
Callaway aspires to stand for high quality golf equipment, and their Solaire line is the epitome of that aspiration. With it’s premium build quality and a smart choice of high quality clubs, it’s the best high-end golf club set for female players on the regular market.
|Callaway 2018 Women's Solaire Complete Golf Set (11 Piece)||6 Customer Reviews||CHECK PRICE|
Best Golf Club Set for Petite Women
The Palm Springs Golf visa lady petite set is perfect for women shorter than 5 foot 6 and includes:
- A Driver: The oversize 460cc driver (the biggest legally allowed) has a huge sweetspot, meaning even when you don’t quite get it out the middle, you’ll get longer, straighter shots than clubs with a smaller sweetspot. Matching headcover included.
- A Fairway Wood: The 15° #3 fairway wood, though smaller than the driver, still has an enlarged sweetspot for greater forgiveness. The low profile sole makes it ideal for hitting off the grass without a tee – exactly what you need if you are going for the green on a par 5! Matching headcover included.
- Hybrids: This golf club set includes 2 hybrids – a #3 (18°) and #4 (21°). These clubs replace the longer irons in your bag – typically they were the hardest to hit – and instead give you clubs you’ll look forward to hitting. Whether it’s long approaches from the fairway, or getting out of a tricky situation in the rough, these will become your go to clubs. Matching headcovers included.
- Irons: The 6 irons 5-6-7-8-9-PW all feature a cavity back design, which creates clubs with a higher MOI and lower centre of gravity – this all means the clubs are more forgiving and more consistent – exactly what is needed when you are still developing your swing. Fitted with graphite shafts
- Putter: The putter completes the clubs. The unique head shape helps put more mass behind the point of impact for a more reliable and solid roll.
- Stand Bag: The set includes a deluxe stand bag. The 7 way divider top helps keep your clubs organized, and the ample pockets provide storage space for balls, tees, waterproofs and more. Complete with a dual carrying strap and a rainhood.
- This set is of great quality for the price
- The equipment is lightweight yet durable and sturdy
- Comes with an oversized 460cc driver giving you long shots
- Comes with 3 fairway wood with a matching head cover included
- Low profile sole – aiding with hitting the ball off the grass without a tee
- The shoulder straps on the bag are nicely padded for your comfort and t’s easy to organize your equipment and keep it neat with plenty of pockets and the 7-way divider included in the deluxe stand bag
- Comes with a rain-hood – helping to protect your equipment
- A sand wedge is not included in this set
- Only suitable for shorter ladies (under 5 foot 6) – which only caters to a percentage of women golf players
This set is a very good choice for you if you are under the height of 5 foot 6. With a stand bag, a solid putter, two strong hybrids, a range of irons and a forgiving driver, this set will help you to get out of pretty much any tough situation you encounter on the green.
Most Affordable Clubs for Petite Women
This is one of the complete sets in our list, containing:
- a driver with a light, 460cc club head and graphite shafts,
- a fairway wood with graphite shafts,
- a hybrid with a generous 24-degree loft and high forgivness,
- a full set of steel shafted irons,
- a sand wedge
- a putter.
The package also includes a very convenient stand bag, head covers and rain cover.
- The driver, wood, and irons come with Ladies flex, which is great for beginners.
- This is a complete set; you don’t have to make any further purchases unless you feel the need for upgrades on individual clubs like the driver and putter.
- The clubs are lightweight and easy to swing with a short shaft length
- The shafts are ideal for shorter women between 5’0” and 5’5″
- The deluxe stand bag is comfortable
- The irons come with steel shafts which makes them sturdy but a little more heavy than the graphite shafted clubs
The New Deluxe Petite Ladies Set is a favorite among petite women just starting their journey or playing at a higher handicap, and for good reason. It is lightweight, offers a good selection of quality clubs that are perfect for shorter women while being affordable at the same time.
|New Deluxe Petite Ladies Complete Golf Package Set||22 Customer Reviews||CHECK PRICE|
Most Stylish Set for Female Players
If you’re looking for a set that combines style and performance style to your game the Cobra XL Complete Set could be the right club set for you. You can choose between a black and Capri blue set, silver and mint set, or a silver and raspberry set. Besides looking classy, it will also help you improve your game, offering strong distance, high flying shots and a good. It is also solid upgrade from your beginners set and suitable for intermediate and advanced golfers alike.
Included in this set are:
- a driver
- a putter
- 6 iron
- 7 iron
- 8 iron
- 9 iron
- 3 wood
- 5 wood
- 7 woods
- Stand Bag
- Stylish appearance
- Comes in a selection of colors
- Very forgiving
- Ensures a consistent swing
- High-quality equipment
- Lightweight set
- This set is best suited to shorter women under 5 foot 6
- More expensive than a standard women’s golf set
Despite the noticeable style differences with this Cobra XL Complete Set, which comes in 3 colors, the quality doesn’t go amiss. The combination of forgiveness, launch height and distance delivered in style make this set stand out to others. It’s a great upgrade for intermediate to advanced players.
Should I Buy My Golf Clubs New or Used?
Golf clubs released within the last few years are pretty much always an excellent value if they’re in good condition and fit you reasonably well. If you do a little research and want to value is imporant to you, used clubs can definitely be the way to go.
But you should answer yourself the following question just to be sure: How serious are you about golf? If you simply want to have fun during semi-annual business meetings or an occasional round with your friends, then getting a used golf club set at good value may be the perfect choice. However if you want to play regularly and really get to know your clubs, then investing in a new club set is the way to go.
What are the types of golf clubs in a Ladies golf set?
In your golf club set, you can expect to find the following types of clubs:
Woods are used when you want to make long shots of the tee and on the fairway. They include the driver (also called the 1-wood) and fairway woods (usually ranging from 3 to 9). Previously, large club heads were of made out of wood but not anymore as modern woods are manufactured with metalheads, mostly titanium having a lightweight design to enable them to hit the ball through long distances.
Hybrids are clubs that find a place between woods and irons. As a lightweight and flat faced club, they can be used as a replacement for long irons or shorter woods in women’s golf set since they provide a higher loft and more relaxed swing.
Iron clubs are used to play tee shots on shorter holes or shots taken from 100 to 200 yards away from the green as well as shots from the fairway. Iron clubs have a much small head that is usually solid steel and hollow with a loft angle for a perfect sweep.
Wedges are generally used for short approach shots, pitches around the green, chips, and hitting out of a sand trap. They include the sand wedge, lob wedge, gap wedge and pitching wedge to get out of or over various obstacles on the course.
Putters come in various shapes and sizes, and they are used to putt the ball over short distances on the green.
Frequently Asked Questions
The most common mistake is to choose clubs that are longer than you can handle. This will have a ripple effect on your posture, your hit, accuracy and shot power. An irregular stance will result in you hitting the ball off-center, reduce your efficiency, and shorten your shot distance.
Depending on the quality of a club set, how often you play and practice with your club and your maintenance culture, a woman’s golf club set should be in right working conditions for 7 – 10 years.
Most clubs do not get replaced because they are in a dangerous state or have been used over an extended period as long as they are of good quality.
Instead, they get replaced because your abilities have exceeded the club set and you need a new set to match your skills. When that’s the case, you can often sell you used set and pick a nice upgrade set.
Being a tall woman has its pros and cons, especially when it comes to certain sports. When playing golf, however, it can be difficult to find the right set of clubs for your height. For taller ladies, using the wrong clubs could cause health issues such as back pain and posture problems which could be long term. Depending on your upper body strength, you may benefit from buying a men’s golf set due to the length difference in each set. Men’s sets are normally an inch taller than average golf set for women. We can’t express enough how different each set can be. When trying and experimenting with sets, check how tall the clubs are and if you find you are bending over too much, then it’s more than likely that the clubs are too short for you and you need to choose a taller set. Some women’s sets will come in the correct height for you already, but if you can find nothing suitable, looking in the men’s section for a decent set may be a good option.
In order to find the best golf clubs as a senior lady, try to select a set that
- Is appropriate for your height, so you don’t need to hunch over
- Offers ladies shaft flex, so the clubs transfer more of your force into the ball
- Uses graphite shafts, so the clubs are lightweight and easy to swing
- Includes more than one high quality hybrid, in order to have a very forgiving clubs for medium-distance and shorter shots that you can get comfortable with quickly
As we get older, unfortunately, our abilities and speed become affected and can decrease with age. This doesn’t mean you can’t play golf as well or you will no longer get as much enjoyment out of it. Hybrids are made with an aerodynamic head shape which aids in a much greater distance and increased speed.
Ladies grade shaft flex is typical on a women’s golf set due to it offering more control over each swing you take. The faster your swing speed, the stiffer the shaft flex should be. Check your swing speed and compare the result. If you find that it’s over 100 miles per hour, then you can consider moving to a stiffer set with less flexibility but a stronger hit. Remember the flexibility gives you more control and accuracy over the ball, but a stiffer shaft flex brings can transfer more power if you already have high swing speed.
It’s completely up to you. You can go the whole hog and buy a full set, or you can start with just a few pieces and see how you get on. I’d advise you rent clubs on your first try to see if you actually enjoy golfing. If you do I recommend buying a great beginner set or an 8 or 10 piece set for high handicappers, in order to give you a consistent feeling of clubs from one manufacturer, instead of learning to handle a mix of clubs from different brands that are not necessarily made to fit together.
There are several noticeable differences between golf club sets for men and ladies golf club sets. The irons on a set of ladies golf clubs usually have a heavier head and a softer flex; although generally, the club itself is lighter. As women are generally shorter than men, ladies irons are normally an inch shorter in length than men’s irons. Of course, you can buy golf sets in different lengths but they generally come shorter than they would in a lens set (around an inch shorter), but the height difference can offer a lot more control. Also sometimes, women may have a slower swing than men (generally) which is why there are slight differences in the design of women and men sets. Another noticeable difference is in the shaft which has more flexibility than a standard lens set. A flexible shaft is great in aiding how far the ball travels and the power that goes into each swing.
The Bottom Line
When you factor in both affordability and function, the Callaway 2019 Women’s Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set with 16 Pieces is my clear favorite. No matter what you’re looking for in Womens Golf Clubs, the Strata Ultimate Complete delivers.
Here are some of the features that make it stand out from the crowd:
- It’s compact and lightweight yet sturdy, which makes it portable, easy to carry and great for traveling.
- It offers a vast selection of clubs including specialty clubs, so you are covered in every situation.
- The clubs offer a good feel, high build quality, are very forgiving yet still provide good control.
- The price is better than many other higher-quality sets.
- The Stand bag is lightweight with a stylish modern look and convenient pockets.
Whether you’re just playing occasionally multiple times per week, the Strata Ultimate Complete will help you reach your goals. In no time, your may just surprise yourself on the course and will be thriving from the benefits this set has to offer.
Your selection of clubs is such an important part of your enjoyment of golf, and the right clubs can make the difference between it being a frustrating disappointment or a happy success. I know it can be a drag to research all the club options out there, but it’s more than worth it when you consider what you gain by buying the right set for you.
About the Author
Hi, I'm Mattis. I love learning and challenging myself. Right now I love learning golf, so I started Fast Learners.I believe that consistency and deliberate practice are the keys to success, especially when you also take the time to reflect and get feedback on what you do. Therefore, it's my goal to provide you with the 20% most likely to get you where you want to go. Cheers to your success.